Who says that you can't improve on a classic? For years, the Avion collection has delighted AV enthusiasts and interior design connoisseurs alike. Now BDI's award-winning Avion collection has evolved to the next generation of home theater excellence with AVION SERIES II. Full of the features that you have come to expect from the Avion collection, Series II introduces some notable innovations.
When first introduced, Avion set the gold standard for quality home theater cabinetry. In addition to new model configurations, Avion Series II enhancements include a linear, satin stainless steel base that complements the cabinet and provides superior structural rigidity, the addition of soft-close doors, larger windows in the doors to allow greater IR capabilities, and more generous cable management channels.
Model 8929 is a four compartment wide home theater cabinet for use with large systems. The versatile center drawer conceals a center channel speaker (up to 7.25" tall) and media storage or may be removed for speakers up to 8.25" tall with a completely finished interior space.
• Quality construction - ships fully assembled
• Finish: Natural Stained Cherry
• Top Drawer features a concealed center channel speaker compartment
• Removable drawer with fully finished compartment for taller speakers
• Bottom Door folds down to reveal 2 component spaces
• Hidden wheels
• Soft-close door hinges
• Cable management
• Integrated levelers
• Adjustable shelves
• Flow-through ventilation
• Overall Dimensions: 77" W x 22.5" H x 22" D
• Center Speaker Opening Dimensions: 34.5" W x 7.25" H x 15.5" D
• Recommended TV Size: up to 70" Flat Panel or Rear Projection TV
• Compatible with BDI's 9972 - Arena Flat Panel Freestanding Mount and 9970 Bolt on Attachment Mount
Aesthetic & Performance Improvements over Avion Series I:
• Lower Profile Top: Avion's top has been redesigned so that it shows a much thinner, sleeker profile above the doors.
• Linear Handles: To better complement the overall look and the revised base design, the new handles have a more linear design. Center to center hole distances continue to be standard so that other handles can be substituted if desired by the consumer.
• No Holes in the Top: As the new Arena Flat Panel Mount attaches from the rear of the cabinet, no holes are necessary in the top panel.
• Linear Base Design: Each Avion now has two legs and a pair of beams. This is particularly noticeable on the 3 and 4 compartment wide versions which used to have three legs and now have a cleaner, sleek look. This new leg configuration allows for a much better visual relationship between the legs and the doors. The legs and beams are handcrafted from stainless steel. The stainless steel features a durable satin finish and provides for a rock solid cabinet structure.
• New Door & Drawer Face Geometry: Avion Series II features larger" windows" for glass and speaker grilles:
• Larger grey-tinted tempered glass windows allow for more efficient use of IR Remotes.
• Larger speaker grilles enhance the performance of center channel or satellite speakers.
• Larger Wheels: 50% larger diameter wheels minimize rolling resistance on thick or heavily padded carpeting
• Soft-close Door Hinges: BDI has improved on Avion's precision hinges with the addition of an integrated slow close mechanism. This provides for superior dampening of the door and prevents slamming.
• Improved Cable Management: Cable openings have been enlarged throughout Avion Series II to assure easy routing of all wiring and connectors.
• New Drawer Design:
• Deeper Drawer: Drawer is now deeper holding a 7.6" tall speaker (An 8.25" tall speaker will fit in the slot with the drawer removed on 8927, 8928, and 8929)
• Wire Routing Change: Cables route out the drawer back to simplify connections. Cable connectors are delivered automatically to back access hole during installation.
• Drawer Divider and Back Reengineered: A lower divider and back allow much easier access to back row of DVDs and drawer divider is screwed into place from the side so that it won't pull up.
• Black Back Panels: All back panels are now finished in black, which allows components to disappear (as most components are also black)
• Arena Mount Compatibility: The new Arena Flat Panel Mount is a major upgrade to Avion Series II and our other applicable cabinets.
• Weight: 200.00
• UPC: 705176892915
• Color Accuracy of Product Images Vary Depending on Monitor Settings.