Disc of Silence HD Heavy-Duty Isolation Feet in Black (Set of 4) by Solid-Tech
Solid-Tech SOTEDISIHD-BL Disc of Silence HD Heavy-Duty Isolation Feet Black (Set of 4)
The Discs of Silence the world's second best passive isolator? 88, 48% reduction at 20Hz!
The Discs of Silence is our workhorse isolator as in its Heavy- Duty version can effectively isolate up to 175kg (385lbs) per set of four discs. When we developed the Discs of Silence was our goal to create the most efficient and load capable isolator as possible without taking too much height in claims. It would also be height-adjustable and be adaptable to uneven loads. Enter the Discs of Silence!
The Discs of Silence isolation-system consists of a cylindrically formed, sturdy and anodized Aluminum base, extension-springs, center-hub and a height-adjustable center-screw with a damping layer for mechanical coupling to the component. The equally simple as ingenious horizontal location of the extension-springs allows a large capacity without taking as much height in claims. When correctly loaded the operating height is 32 to 35mm. Correctly adapted and loaded is the resonance frequency well below 4Hz. Ensuring isolation even in the lowest and most degrading frequencies, resulting in much higher fidelity without tonal highlighting and masking such as more dynamic, cleaner transient response, wider and deeper soundstage, increased low level information, tighter bass and silkier highs. Optimized adaptation to a specific weight of each disc is obtained by adding the right number of springs, as well as the height adjustment of the center-screw. In the case of supply of the HD version are twelve springs per disc included but only six mounted. A set of four Discs of Silence can handle between 200 lbs and 385 lbs with all tension springs installed. Available in Silver or Black.
• Max load to capacity approx. 175kg (385lbs)
• Optimum operating range, eight springs attached: 53 to 120kg (117 to 264lbs)
• Optimum operating range, nine springs attached: 60 to 135kg (132 to 297lbs)
• Optimum operating range, ten springs attached: 67 to 150kg (148 to 330lbs)
• Optimum operating range, twelve springs attached: 80 to 175kg (176 to 385lbs)
• Weight: 1.00
• Color accuracy of product images may vary depending on individual monitor settings.
Still unsure? We may be able to send you a swatch, please ask!
• Some dimensions like seat height and arm height may be rounded up or down.